Honorary Membership (Nominated & Member Voted)
Honorary Membership may be awarded by the Academy by resolution in General Meeting to any person who has rendered long or outstanding service to Periodontics.
- Nominations for Honorary Membership may be made by any Full Member. If the nomination is accepted by a simple majority of the Council then such nomination shall be:
- submitted to a General Meeting; and
- decided by a simple majority of Members present and voting.
- Appointments of Honorary Membership shall continue, subject to the Rules, until the next General Meeting following the time of appointment.
Honorary Members shall be entitled to attend all meetings of the Academy but shall not be:
- entitled to vote at such meetings;
- entitled to take part in any postal vote conducted by the Academy; nor
- eligible for election to the Council.